Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Well, It Wasn't Terrible

This lovely picture inspired me to actually cook dinner last night. I've been a bit in a cooking rut lately and needed a kick in the butt to get me back to serving up something that wasn't at least partial store prepared.
The picture from Sweet Paul of his Mushroom and Dill Pasta looked so good I almost licked my screen.
I weighed and chopped my mushrooms, an onion was no match for my handy dandy Pamper Chef manual food processor. I made a special trip back to the store for dill and cream.
I followed all the directions as laid out in the recipe. And it was somewhat successful.

The Pros:
It was easy, ok easy-ish.
I had almost everything I needed.
Nobody flat out refused to eat it. (which is pretty darn successful around these parts!)

The Cons:
The sauce was terribly thin even after simmering, I added a bit of flour to thicken it up.
I don't know what his idea of 4 servings of pasta is but 4 servings as per the spaghetti box (which was 1/2 a box) was not nearly enough for the amount of sauce.
I would recommend one full box of pasta.
While the dill was an interesting combination with the mushrooms that I probably wouldn't have put in on my own, it seemed like it was missing something. The flavors were so so.

Final Verdict:
Probably won't be making this again.



No comments:

Post a Comment