Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pizza. Who knew it was so easy?

I've always bought pizza (Hello, Pizza Hut, my good friend), or grabbed some box of pizza flavored cardboard in the freezer section. My parents make there own pizza and it always seemed like a huge all day process. I'm not sure what they were doing but thanks Pinterest for showing me how easy it is to make my own dough and pizza sauce.

I'm not a big baker, measuring and *gasp* weighing ingredients goes against the lackadaisical approach I have to cooking. But, alas, friends were coming over and going to the grocery store with 2 wild children first thing in the morning seemed like a fate worse than death. Pinterest to the rescue!

Annie's Eats showed me how to make Perfect Pizza Dough. And let me tell you it was perfect. It turned out exactly like the picture. The kids, 2 of mine plus two more, all made little individual pizzas and my friend and I each made an adult sized pizza. Just the right amount of dough.

Riding high on my dough success, today I decided to try making my own pizza sauce. Seemed pretty straight forward, and I had everything I needed -score 1 for the pantry. I whipped up a batch of Homemade Pizza Sauce from Cooking for Seven. Holey buckets that was tasty. I'm making pizza tomorrow, and I will be lucky if I have any left, I have "sampled" it a couple of ...a few ...too many times on bread. Yumm!


Two for two on the pizza recipes. Both of these are going in my recipe binder for sure. I'm super excited that I can make a batch of dough and freeze it, I love freezing things.

I have no idea why making pizza at my parents house is such a production. Maybe they have some pizza mojo that I will never have. I am happy with my dough and sauce and store bought pepperoni. I feel like a pizza baking master.

... well, at least an apprentice.

No comments:

Post a Comment