Monday, December 12, 2011

To-Mato, Ta-Mato

I've discovered in the past year that I actually like tomato soup. 34 years I was missing out on this deliciousness. My only experience with tomato soup growing up was Campbells Soup, which I didn't like as a kid. I was all about the vegetable vegetarian Campbells, ABC soup all the way!
My soup epiphany happened at The Yard House, thanks to their Organic Tomato Bisque. Imagine how happy I was when I found Tomato Basil Bisque at Costco. And so I had been happily living my tomato soup eating life. Until I saw this picture on Pinterest.



La Madeleine's Tomato Basil Soup on the girltalk blog seemed like just the thing I needed. It's what's for dinner tonight, along with an oven baked cheesy Canadian bacon sandwich. I did make a couple of minor changes to the soup at the end after I tasted it. I salted it with garlic salt, because -Hello- everything's better with garlic salt, and I added 1 1/2 - 2 TBSP or sugar. It seemed a bit acidic and that fixed it right up, don't worry it didn't make the soup sweet.
I've never been to La Madeleine's, as apparently the closest one is several states away, so I have no idea how this compares, but as far as tomato soup goes it's pretty darn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment